High asset divorces require strategic planning and extensive legal skill and experience. Financially substantive individuals who are considering a divorce in Carlsbad, Oceanside, Encinitas or North County should work with the well established, experienced Certified Specialists (family law) attorneys at Burke & Domercq who can provide sound counsel and guidance. Our attorneys help to protect our client’s interests and guide them through the complex process of community property and asset division, spousal support, parenting time and child support and other complex issues associated with high asset divorces.
There are many important issues to consider in these cases including:
- Establishing a proposed parenting plan and support schedule
- The disposition of the family residence and associated substantial equity
- Positioning of rental income and association to appropriate expenses to ensure appropriate accounting for spousal and child support income calculations
- Identification and contents of all bank accounts, investment accounts, safe deposit boxes and offshore financial interests
- Valuation of business ownership interests, and the impact of “good-will” upon any active business investment
- Disposition of Retirement vehicles such as 401k, pension or Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
- Life insurance policy benefits, cash value, and other associated issues
- Division of second residence, vacation property, vehicles and other high value assets
This is why high asset divorces require strategic planning and extensive legal skill and experience. Advance divorce planning allows time to prepare for settlement negotiations, evaluate taxation impact and reflect upon strategic goals for the process. It also helps to protect against abuses such as pre-divorce spending by the other party, or allegations of abuse or neglect in an attempt to affect parenting time or support liabilities.
Dan Burke and Pierre Domercq also help to develop a financial strategy for the process of your divorce. Effective planning will help to reduce the likelihood of expensive litigation and run-away spending by the other party and needless legal posturing by their representation.
Our reputation in the San Diego family law community is well established. Opposing counsel know that we have the skill and expertise to protect our client’s goals as well as our proven track record in previous cases. They know we are prepared to take your case to trial if necessary. This increases the likelihood of productive, leveraged negotiation that will achieve the best possible outcome in your case.
We invite you to contact us or call 760-712-3741 to schedule an appointment with one of our seasoned and proven attorneys.