Experienced Carlsbad Divorce Attorneys
Divorce is never an easy thing for anyone. If you are faced with the end of your marriage, you may want to find the smoothest, least damaging and most expedient way of dealing with the divorce process. We can help you do this.
The partners of Burke & Domercq, LLP each have decades of experience in North County divorce cases. Our Certified Family Law Specialists work with our clients to help them to understand every issue associated with their divorce, and to achieve the results they desire. If you are searching for experienced Carlsbad divorce attorneys who are respected, resourceful and achieve reliable results we invite you to contact us or call (760) 434-3330 to schedule an appointment.
Experienced, Effective And Responsive
At Burke & Domercq, LLP, we are experienced, effective and always responsive to the needs of our family law clients. Our attorneys have many decades of combined experience handling California divorce cases of every conceivable kind. We can provide clear answers to your questions, options to help keep your divorce cost efficient and provide the information you need to make important decisions about all aspects of your situation, including:
- Marital status: What are the consequences of a change in marital status with regard to income tax, inheritance, remarriage, health insurance coverage or life insurance coverage? What about Social Security, pension or retirement benefits? Capital gain/house sale proceeds? Stock options?
- Custody and visitation: Should we continue with existing custody or visitation arrangements or should we change parenting plans? What would be the court’s preferred parenting plan? Should my child testify in court? What about temporary orders versus permanent orders?
- Child support: What is the formula for determining child support? Who figures out net incomes and child sharing arrangements? How will child care and health care expenses be handled?
- Spousal support: What factors does a court consider in deciding on spousal support? Can we work this out outside of court? What are typical durations and amounts in cases like mine?
- Property division: Should our property be divided fairly, equitably or equally – and what do those terms mean exactly? How do we value our assets? Who gets to use our property until we figure it out? What if our real property is upside down?
- Business or Professional Practice Ownership: Is a business or professional practice separate property or a community asset? How do you establish a value for and divide the community property interest in a business or professional practice? How can you protect your business interests during a divorce?
- Time frames: Why is there is a six-month waiting period for marital status to be terminated? When does the six months start? How do I get money in the meantime? Am I going to be allowed to see my child?
Every divorce situation is different and should be approached as a unique matter. Everyone in our firm is cross-trained so that multiple staff members can assist you when you have an important question. As our client, you will receive personalized service that meets your specific needs. You will receive a copy of every document involved in your case.
Contact The Firm’s Experienced And Dedicated Carlsbad And Rancho Santa Fe Lawyers
Contact the North County and Carlsbad divorce lawyers of Burke & Domercq, LLP, for honest, practical advice regarding your legal matter or call (760) 434-3330 to speak with us personally. After an initial consultation with one of our lawyers, you will have a clear understanding of your legal rights and your options for moving forward. Credit cards are accepted.
Protect your interests and achieve the divorce experience you seek. It is possible to complete a divorce with dignity while maintaining existing life rhythms surrounding your family, children and activities. There are also times when you want an experienced, respected and effective attorney who can and will stand up for you and achieve the results you desire.
Respected. Resourceful. Reliable Results.
What Percentage of North County Residents Attempt to File for Divorce Without an Attorney?
According to the State of California over 80% of divorce cases are filed without an attorney. According to the same agency, less than half are able to complete their divorce without an attorney.
What is the Biggest Challenge to Completing a Divorce?
Disagreement between the parties. The divorce cannot be finalized until every aspect of the divorce is completely resolved, either by the parties themselves, through mediation or by the Judge.
What is the Best Strategy to Lower the Cost of a Divorce?
The best strategy to lower the cost of a divorce is to find common ground and compromise on areas of disagreement without abandoning your own goals. Resolving dispute between the parties is the biggest source of cost in any divorce.
What Should You Look for in a Divorce Attorney?
Look for experience, awards and recognition from the legal industry itself as well as completion of California's Family Law Legal Specialization program: Certified Family Law Specialist.